While there are a few reasons why you might not hear back after submitting your resume, the most common reason is because the position has been filled or has been shortlisted. But don’t feel like you need to give up! Read on in this article to find out how you should let them know that you’re interested and what you can do next.
Tips for what to do when you don’t hear back after sending your resume
It can be frustrating when you don’t hear back after sending your resume, but don’t despair! There are a few things you can do to increase your chances of hearing from a potential employer.
- Follow up with a phone call or email. A polite follow-up can show that you’re really interested in the position and give the employer another chance to consider your application.
- Connect with someone at the company. If you have any connections at the company, reach out to them and express your interest in the role. They may be able to put in a good word for you or at least give you some insight into the hiring process.
- Research the company and reach out to the hiring manager directly. If you’ve done your research and still haven’t heard anything, try reaching out to the hiring manager directly. They may appreciate your enthusiasm and initiative!
- Keep applying and networking. Don’t give up! Keep applying for jobs and networking with people in your field. You never know when an opportunity will come your way.
Do you have any other tips for what to do when you don’t hear
What’s the problem?
It’s frustrating when you don’t hear back from a potential employer after sending in your resume. You’re left wondering if your resume was even seen, let alone considered. Here are a few things you can do to follow up and get the feedback you’re looking for.
Why is it happening?
There are a number of reasons why you might not hear back after sending your resume. It could be that the company is not hiring for your particular skillset, or there may be hundreds of other resumes ahead of yours in the hiring queue. It’s also possible that your resume was simply lost in the shuffle.
Don’t take it personally if you don’t hear back right away (or at all). Instead, focus on continuing to look for other job opportunities.
How can it be fixed?
If you’ve applied for a job and haven’t heard back, it can be frustrating. But don’t despair! There are some things you can do to increase your chances of getting a response from the employer.
Here are a few tips:
- Make sure your resume is tailored to the job you’re applying for.
- Follow up with the employer after you’ve submitted your resume. A simple email or phone call can show that you’re interested in the position and willing to go the extra mile.
- Use your network. If you know someone who works at the company, ask them to put in a good word for you.
- Be persistent. Keep applying and following up until you get a response from the employer.
- Keep trying!
If you don’t hear back after sending your resume, don’t give up! Follow these tips and you’ll be sure to get a response in no time.