Eid is approaching and we are running to stores to buy our new clothes. Even though it’s the right time to spend money on shopping, I am here to tell you the golden Eid shopping do’s and don’ts so you can save money!
Golden Eid Shopping Do’s
Shopping for Eid is a tradition that many families follow. There are a few things you can do to save money on your Eid shopping and have a happy Eid!
- Plan Your Shopping Before you shop for Eid, make a list of the items you need and the brands you want to buy. This will help to reduce the amount of time you spend shopping and also help to avoid impulse shopping.
- Shop In Bulk If you are able to, shop in bulk during Eid. This will help to save on the cost of items and also reduce the amount of packaging that needs to be disposed of.
- Compare Prices And Deals Online Before you head out to the store, check online for deals and discounts. This will help you to save even more money on your Eid shopping!
- Bring Your Own Shopping Bag When you go shopping, bring your own shopping bag with you so that you can avoid paying unnecessary fees. This will also help to reduce the amount of plastic that is used in stores during Eid.
- Dine Out Less During Eid Week This year, try to reduce the number of times that you eat out during Eid week. This will save money both at the end of the week and during Eid itself.
- Buy Used And Repurposed Items The best way to save money on Eid is to purchase used items, such as clothing or accessories. You can also repurpose items that you already own, such as old books or toys, into something new for your children who are still young enough to use them.
- Get A Gifts CardGrant a gift card with a minimum value of Rs. 1000 to friends or relatives instead of giving cash during Eid! This is an easy way to contribute towards their Eid celebration without spending more money than necessary.
- Buying In Bulk During Eid, it’s important that you buy everything in bulk – especially food and essentials, like toiletries and cleaning products – in bulk to save money. You can also buy a large quantity of these items ahead of time and then store them in your freezer until you need them.
- Borrow Items For Free Nothing is more important than saving money during Eid! Each year, thousands of people line up at banks across the country to take advantage of a special Eid Cash back offer by borrowing one item for free as long as they make a minimum purchase on their cards. Therefore, ask your friends and family if they can lend you anything for free and then use your card to buy the items from them.
13 Golden Eid Shopping Don’ts
There are a few golden rules to follow when shopping for your Eid gifts this year! Follow these simple tips and you’ll be able to shop smart and save money while still getting the gifts you want.
- Don’t overspend on the gifts – start by setting a budget, and stick to it. You don’t want to end up with a giant bill at the end of the day only to have your loved ones complain that they don’t receive anything special.
- Shop early – the earlier in the week the better. The stores tend to have discounts and sales on Eid items, so it’s a good time to stock up!
- Be choosy – if there is something you really want but don’t think your family will like, wait until after Eid and buy it as a gift for yourself instead. You can always return or exchange it later if it doesn’t fit your needs.
- Don’t go overboard with gifts. It is tempting to buy extravagant gifts for your loved ones, but this can actually end up costing you a lot of money in the long run. Try to find thoughtful gifts that will make them happy rather than buying something simply because it is expensive.
- Avoid buying unnecessary items. There is nothing worse than walking through a store and feeling like you have spent your entire holiday budget on one item! Instead, try to focus on purchasing items that will be used regularly or that represent a special memory for someone in your life
- Avoid buying duplicate items. If you can, try to only buy one version of an item instead of multiple